|Punjabi Thandaai - Punjabi Drinks|
A refreshing, milky and spicy cold drink made with almonds and spices.
|Punjabi Thandaai - Punjab Cuisine|
Punjabi Thandaai Ingredients:
1/2 cup almonds
1 1/2 cup fresh milk
100 grams castor sugar
4 green cardamoms
2 tsp rosewater
1 tsp saunf (fennel seeds)
2 tsp khuskhus
Punjabi Thandaai Method:
- Soak the almonds in water for six hours and then peel off their skins.
- Following this, blend the almonds into a paste and then grind the cardamom, khuskhus and saunf.
- In the same blender add the ground spices and about 1/2 cup of water with almond paste. Blend until creamy.
- Add one cup of water and sugar and blend until sugar dissolves.
- Strain the mix through the fine strainer or cheesecloth. Add milk and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios and serve chilled.
- Makes four servings.