|Gajar Ka Halwa -Punjabi Desserts|
This is a traditional super tasty Punjabi sweet dish. Gajar (Carrot) Halwa also known as gajrala is a traditional Punjabi dessert made with carrots and milk. Gajar Halwa is delicious warm or cold.
Gajar Ka Halwa Ingredients:
|Gajar Ka Halwa - Punjabi Sweet Dish|
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 6 chopped roasted cashew nuts (To garnish)
Gajar Ka Halwa Making Method:
- Roast the cashew nuts and set aside for the garnish.
- Boil the milk on medium-high heat in a non-stick pan until it is reduced to about to 1 cup. Stir often to ensure the milk does not burn in the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add the shredded carrots and stir-fry for about seven to eight minutes.
- Carrots should be tender and slightly changed in color.
- Add the milk and cook until the milk dries. This will take about eight to ten minutes.
- Next add the sugar, and cardamom powder and stir-fry for another three to four minutes until the halwa starts to leave the side of frying pan.
- Garnish with cashew nuts.
Gajar Halwa can be refrigerated for up to one week and kept in the freezer for up to two months. When ready to serve just warm.
Cook the halwa a little more and pour on a greased plate. Spread the halwa until it is flat and 3/4 inch thick. After the halwa cools, cut in squares. Garnish with cashew nuts or sliced almonds.