Dal Makhani - Vegetarian Punjabi Recipes
A Punjabi mixed lentil curry generally made with lots of butter and cream.This recipe tastes even better the following day after reheating properly.
|Dal Makhani Punjabi Traditional Food|
1tbsp Red kidney beans (Rajma)
1 onion finely chopped
1 tomato finely chopped
1" Ginger piece
2-3 green chilies finely chopped
chopped coriander leaves
4-5 flakes Garlic paste
1/2 cup stirred curd
1/2 cup fresh stirred cream (malai)
1tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2tsp turmeric powder
1/2tsp Garam masala
Red chili powder to taste
1/2tsp dhania powder
Salt to taste
Punjabi Dal Makhani Recipe:
- Soak rajma in water overnight.
- Add water & little salt and pressure-cook Rajma and urad dal till soft for about 20-25 minutes. Mash and boil again for 15-20 minutes and add curd and cream to the dal.
- Now in kadhai heat oil, splutter cumin seeds and add garlic paste, fry till light brown. Add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Now add ginger, green chilies and tomatoes and fry till tomatoes soften.
- Now add dry masalas (turmeric powder, chili powder, dhania powder & salt) and fry again for a moment.
- Add dal and stir on medium flame. As soon as it starts boiling remove from the gas.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and garnish daal makhni with coriander and add butter.
- Serve daal makhni hot. Goes well with laccha paratha, naan or rice.