|Punjabi Aloo Wadi - Punjabi Traditional Food|
This Dish anyone can make easily, its really very delicious & you can make it in any season.This dish is very popular in Punjabi households.
|Punjabi Aloo Wadi Recipe|
|Punjabi Aloo Wadi - Punjabi Food Dishes|
Aloo Wadi Ingredients:
- Potatoes 4 medium
- Dried urad dal nuggets 5-6
- Oil 4 tablespoons
- Onions 2 medium
- Ginger 2 inch piece
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 2 teaspoons
- Cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Tomatoes, pureed 2 large
- Garam masala powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped 1 tablespoon
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Break the wadis, put into the cooker and saute. Cut potatoes into thick fingers. Chop onions and ginger finely in a chopper. Put this into the cooker and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add potatoes, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt and mix.Add 1 cup water. Add red chilli powder and tomato puree and mix well.
- Add garam masala powder and mix well. Add coriander leaves and mix. Put the lid on the cooker and cook under pressure till 2-3 whistles are given out. Serve hot.