|Palak Paratha Punjabi Breakfast|
- Wash the chopped spinach leaves properly. There can be lots of soil in the palak, so make sure to wash it thoroughly.
- Heat 1 tea spoon oil in a pan add the cumin seeds ad ajwain allow it to crackle. Then add palak and saute till it shrinks in volume.
- Once the palak shrinks,switch off. Cool down the mixture and grind it to a fine paste.
- Take the flour in a big pan, add salt, garam masala and chilly powder to it. Add the cooked palak to it. Now knead in a tight dough using minimum water. palak can leave some water so make sure that you don’t use too much of water, while kneading.
- Cover the dough and leave it for around 15 minutes.
- Now take some dough and after rubbing it with some dry flour, start making a paratha using a rolling pin. The dough can be really sticky, so you can refrigerate it for 15 mins.
- After rubbing with some dry flour, start rolling the paratha evenly. You need to roll like a normal paratha.
- Heat the tawa (non-stick can be used) and place the paratha on it. (Don’t use any oil yet.)
- Once some blisters start appearing on the showing end then turn over the paratha. Now apply some ghee evenly on the showing end. Turn over the paratha, and apply some ghee on this end as well.
- Start pressing the paratha using a flat spatula in order to cook properly. Once the paratha starts becoming crispy simmer the stove and dig in the spatula at several places on the paratha. This helps the paratha to get cooked from between also as the ghee seeps in.
- Cook properly from both the sides by turning over at regular periods.