|Besan Ka Cheela|
Besan ka cheela Ingredients
|Besan Ka Puda|
- 2 cups besan (bengal gram flour)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp chopped green chillies
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- salt to taste
- oil for cooking
Besan ka cheela Making Method
|Besan Ka Cheela - Punjabi Breakfast|
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and gradually add (approx 1 1/2 cup) water to get smooth and dropping consistency batter.
- Heat a non-stick tava on a high flame then turn the flame to medium.
- Add little oil and spread it evenly, pour a spoonfull of batter and rotate the pan clock wise to spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Cover it with the lid and allow to cook for 4 to 5 minutes on a medium flame or till it turns to brown in colour and crisp.
- Open the lid, drizzle some oil and turn it upside down and cook the other side till it turns to brown in colour and crispy.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato sauce.