Chilli Chicken with Curry Patta :
Chicken cooked with curry leaves and Oriental flavour.
|Punjabi Non Vegetarian Foods Recipes|
Chilli Chicken with Curry Patta Ingredients:
· Curry leaves 25-30
· Green chillies,slit 5-6
· Green chilli paste 1 tablespoon
· Chicken breasts,cut diagonally 400 grams
· Vinegar 2 tablespoons
· Soy sauce 1 1/2 teaspoon
· Egg,whisked 1/2
· Salt to taste
· Cornflour/ corn starch 3 tablespoons
· Oil 2 tablespoons + to deep fry
· Garlic,finely chopped 1 tablespoon
· Ginger,finely chopped 1 tablespoon
· Vegetable stock 1 1/4 cups
· Spring onion,roughly chopped 2
· Fresh coriander leaves,finely chopped 2 tablespoons
Chilli Chicken with Curry Patta Making Method:
- Mix together chicken, green chilli paste, 1 tsp vinegar, ½ tsp soy sauce, egg, salt and 2 tbsp cornstarch in a bowl. Keep aside for 10-12 minutes to marinate.
- Heat sufficient oil in a wok and deep fry the chicken pieces till lightly coloured. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Heat 2 tbsps oil in another non stick pan, add garlic and ginger and saute till garlic becomes light golden. Add slit green chillies and curry leaves and saute. Add 1 cup vegetable stock and cook till it comes to a boil.
- Mix 1 tbsp corn starch in ¼ cup vegetable stock. Add 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp vinegar, salt, cornstarch mixture to the pan and mix well.Add fried chicken and mix. Add spring onions and coriander leaves and mix well. Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot.